Welcome to TheSmallGatsby.com webshop, officeal Shop of THE SMALL GATSBY GMBH. These terms and conditions (the “Conditions”) apply to TheSmallGatsby.com (the “Website”) which is operated by The Small Gatssby GmbH, a company registered in Austria. For the purposes of these Conditions, “you” shall be the person accessing the Website and “we” or “us” refers to TheSmallGatsby.com. By accessing the Website you agree to accept the Conditions. If you do not agree with the Conditions, you should not use or access the Website.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE
1. While TheSmallGatsby.com takes reasonable steps to ensure a reliable service, we do not guarantee that your use of this Website will be uninterrupted and/or error free.
2. We are not responsible for your use of other websites accessed via links from our Website. Such links are not controlled by us nor do we endorse them.
3. The Website may only be used for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions on or through it.
4. All rights, including copyright and database rights, contained in this Website are owned by The Small Gatsby GmbH and/or our licensors except as permitted by law, you may not distribute, adapt, translate, modify, merge or make available our Website content to any person, or use it for commercial purposes. You may not use our Website content to create a database (electronic otherwise). All other rights are reserved.
5. We reserve the right to:
(i) modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
(ii) change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
You may browse the Website without registering, however you must register as an online customer in order to buy items via our Website. When you register as an online customer, your username will be your valid email address and you will be asked to create a password. You are entirely responsible for all actions taken under your username, whether by you or by any other person. It is your responsibility to keep your username and password safe. When you register as an online customer, you agree that any information which you provide shall be true and accurate in all respects and you will notify us immediately of any changes to this information.
Information about you and how we collect and use your personal data
We may collect and store personal information when you visit the Website, including but not limited to your name, email address, postal address, transactional information based on your activities on the Website and correspondence sent to us, other information from your interaction with the Website, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, IP address and standard web log information and additional information we ask you to submit to verify your identity.
We may also collect personal information about you in the following ways: any data which you provide when you purchase products from us; and any other data which you provide to us when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
All the information we collect via our Website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you and to personalise our service. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
1. Planning and managing thesmallgatsby.com’s business activities, including analysis of customers’ shopping habits, product and style preferences.
2. Technical administration of our website
4. Providing you with information about the services we offer.
5. Letting you know about offers and news from thesmallgatsby.com
6. Occasionally letting you know about offers from other companies who we believe may interest you, either by sending out the information ourselves to you directly, or by providing certain details to other companies so they may contact you directly.
7. Managing and fulfilling your order including verifying details of your payment method or credit card account and where necessary carrying out credit checks and to protect against fraud and theft. We may therefore also share information about the way in which you conduct your account with lenders and credit reference agencies; During your registration process you are given the opportunity to select some of the ways in which we may use your details. See ‘your permission’ and ‘helping us to grow’ below to keep us in touch with anything you specifically don’t want to be informed about.
There are only four circumstances where we may share some of your data with others:
2. To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our service.
3. We occasionally make names, addresses and email addresses available to companies whose products we think may interest you, unless you have subsequently withdrawn that permission. (See ‘helping us to grow’ below).
4. If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so.
Data over the internet
The internet is a global network, so it is possible for your data to travel internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. If you visit or shop at thesmallgatsby.com, you’re agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
How we protect information
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment. Only employees, our partners and any sub-contractors who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
How you can help us protect your information
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online in non-protected environments – for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Also remember to close your browser window when you have finished your on the site. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
How to unsubscribe
If you do not wish to receive any further email messages from us please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any newsletter email If you never wish to be contacted by other companies who we think may be of interest to you, by post, email or otherwise please email hello@TheSmallGatsby.com.
If you do not want to receive emails from us about other companies that we think may interest you, please email: hello@TheSmallGatsby.com
Helping us to grow
In order to grow, succeed and offer you an increasingly broad, high-quality range of items, we need to recruit more wonderful customers, like you. We rely on the many of you who tell your friends and family about us, and we also encourage other companies to promote us to their customers so, when we genuinely think you’d be interested, we’ll source and send offers from other companies to you. If you do not want to receive information from us about offers from other companies that we think may interest you please email. hello@TheSmallGatsby.com.
What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer when you visit a website. In order to order from TheSmallGatsby.com you need to have cookies enabled in your browser. This happens automatically for most web browsers. We don’t store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site.
We’re giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we’re honest and clear about your privacy when using our website. Please be assured that our website only uses the minimum number of cookies to ensure that it functions at the best possible level for you.
Our cookies policy
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on TheSmallGatsby.com your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
Our cookies don’t store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the ‘key’ that, once you’re signed in, is associated with this information. However, if you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from TheSmallGatsby.com or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Enabling and Managing Cookies
If cookies aren’t enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you won’t be able to add products to your basket and buy them.
To enable cookies
If you’re not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on ‘Help’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘About’ option. For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the ‘About’ option
This website uses certain analytic tools provided by Akamai Technologies, Inc. (“Akamai”). These analytic tools, uses "cookies", which are text files and “beacons”, which are clear picture files placed on your computer to help the website analyze how you use the site. The information generated by cookies and beacons about your use of the website (including your IP address and other information in log files) will be transmitted to and stored by Akamai on servers in the United States. Akamai will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling
the full functionality of this website. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Akamai in the manner and for the purposes set out above.